Account Executive, Brand Marketing, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Washington, D.C. office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Account Executive to join our dynamic and growing team. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate PR practitioner to act as a strategic communications counselor to a number of exciting and interesting clients.
Successful candidates will have to demonstrate persuasive, versatile writing skills; an advanced understanding of communications tactics and experience in media relations; fluency in online communications and social media, and strong verbal communications skills.
This position fulfills a variety of roles on client teams. These responsibilities include handling program research, assisting in program development, tracking team deliverables for clients, writing materials of all kinds, managing traditional and interactive media relations, organizing events, and implementing communications programs that target a variety of stakeholder audiences.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Drive media relations activities and support development of third party programs, events and briefing materials.
- Execute communication plans including integrating media, grassroots, coalition, advertising and digital/social media recommendations.
- Develop strategic communication documents ranging from press releases, talking points, FAQs, reactive statements, video scripts, executive remarks, blog posts, tweets, articles, etc.
- Serve as a representative on various partnership activities and alliances
- 2-4 years of experience in a PR agency, association, political campaign, non-profit organization, or corporate communications position.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in writing news materials, articles, message points, collateral materials, and copy for social media engagement.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Solid understanding of Congress, policy stakeholders, political and legislative processes.
- Strong news judgment and proven ability to work effectively with reporters.
- Proven experience in working with internal or external clients.
- Ability to think creatively and present fresh ideas in a compelling manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and delivering consistent, high-quality work.
- Solid web-based research skills.
- Strong ability to grasp policy concepts and translate for a variety of audiences.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.