Account Executive Consumer, Minneapolis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity for an energetic and self-starting Account Executive with a background in integrated brand marketing to join our growing Minneapolis/St. Paul office. This position provides a rewarding opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on high-level media relations, sports marketing, influencer marketing, brand building, and creative program development.
- Play a pivotal role in handling day-to-day assignments and work products, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Employ a variety of techniques – including reporter outreach, deskside briefings, bylined articles, editorial board meetings, publicity polls and special events to generate earned media coverage for our clients.
- Develop and maintain strong traditional and online media relationships, place newsworthy stories that convey core brand messages, and develop creative written materials that engage target audiences and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Help develop content strategies and create a variety of digital content for a range of social channels. Assist with shaping client stories and messages with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with bloggers, industry experts and influencers. Actively pitch communications to the blogger community with the goal of injecting the client stories into industry conversations.
- Supervise the work of account team members by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an agency setting providing public relations counsel to clients, with emphasis on consumer brand marketing.
- Advanced knowledge of business, consumer, and lifestyle media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Digitally savvy, with strong experience in developing digital and social media strategies, and creating and executing seamlessly integrated programs and campaigns that align with client objectives.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication from corporate news releases to executive talking points. (Knowledge of AP style is a must)
- The ability to develop strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including electronic (email and intranet), print publications, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video and FAQs.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate corporate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, in all aspects of work, and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or a related area.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.