Account Executive Food & Agribusiness, Kansas City
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Do you have a passion for animal health and production agriculture and the role they play in feeding a growing world? Do you understand the challenges facing production agriculture and the impact these companies have on our food system? Are you energized by integrated communications? FleishmanHillard’s Kansas City office is seeking an energetic, self-starting Account Executive to join our thriving team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a communications specialist to work in a fast-paced environment on local, regional, national and global agribusiness and food clients. The account executive plays a pivotal role in managing and executing product promotions, new product introductions, influencer outreach, public education programs, digital communications and issues management. The candidate must possess excellent media relations skills including a strong aptitude with social media.
- Handle day-to-day logistics for the account team by driving and implementing public relations strategies for a variety of clients in the agriculture and food spaces.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, client communications, press releases, fact sheets, website and other internal and external communications materials.
- Support development and implementation of project plans, tactics and ideas that can be presented to the clients to support their products and initiatives.
- Plan, develop, and publish editorial calendars using social media software tools.
- Stay abreast of company news and implications for social media.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with bloggers, industry experts and influencers. Help shape client stories and messages, and actively pitch those communications to the blogger community with the goal of injecting the client into industry conversations.
- Promote and sell story ideas and releases to journalists in national, local and specialist media outlets.
- Plan and execute trade and customer events, including on-site activities, customer meetings, and activities and key opinion leader networking.
- Plan and conduct media outreach — development of media lists, writing, pitches, and tracking results.
- Develop and monitor programs to ensure on-time, high-quality client deliverables; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- 1-3 years of experience gained in public relations, journalism or a similar field.
- Degree in agriculture, food/nutrition/dietetics, strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field.
- An agricultural or food background and understanding of agribusiness and food practices and issues, as well as knowledge of consumer communications.
- Experience in social media campaign implementation, content development and/or engagement.
- Understanding of social metrics and analytics, and ability to pull reports.
- Understanding of multiple social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence, and media communications.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing results-oriented communications programs, and providing high-quality service to demanding clients.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Knowledge of agriculture/animal health/food/trade media.
- Enjoys brainstorming and strategic planning.
- Works effectively within a team, demonstrates proactive communication, problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable; has the ability to change priorities against changing client and team needs.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.