Account Executive (VegaRun), New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
VegaRun’s New York office is seeking an energetic, self-starting, public relations practitioner with a passion for communications. The Account Executive will join an established team and work across multiple pieces of business.
- Demonstrate some industry-sector (beauty, aesthetics, luxury goods) experience and practice-area (PR & social) expertise
- Help execute basic social media activities (contribute to program development; content writing; measurement/metrics)
- Write key client documents, including pitches, social calendars, press releases, backgrounders and memos
- Show ability to synthesize information to provide thorough briefings on various topics or issues
- Contribute to creative brainstorms
- Demonstrate ability to contact most categories of media and begin to suggest new story ideas appropriate for each client (basic understanding of media plan development, pitch writing, media list development)
- Finalize call agendas and call notes, ensuring that important items are routed and owned appropriately
- Track and document all contact with clients for weekly status reports
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls; report out on select projects, e.g., media monitoring report or research requests
- Learn and assist in routing process for receiving client approval on documents
- Assist in fielding client requests and ensure appropriate supervisors are notified
- Initiate ideas, next steps and required deliverables to supervisors and teams; appropriately delegate work to interns and assistant account executives
- Manage client trackers
- Assist in budget and program planning by gathering all necessary costs for any one project
- Gain initial understanding of billing process
- Build supervisory skills in working with interns, support staff and entry-level professionals
- Assist interns and assistant account executives with project/client work
- Develop knowledge of the full services of the firm
- Contribute to new business decks through research and/or slide creation
- Participate in VegaRun internal committee, e.g., Culture Club, Marketing, Lunch and Learns, etc.
- Contribute to the culture of VegaRun, including timely updates to TAGG
VegaRun is a fast growing consumer communications firm with entrepreneurial roots. Our company is a fully owned subsidiary of Omnicom and a sister agency of FleishmanHilliard and TogoRun. At VegaRun, we have a deep expertise in consumer health, wellness, beauty and lifestyle.
VegaRun is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. VegaRun does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where VegaRun does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this web site will be considered.