Account Supervisor - Food & Nutrition, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Chicago has an immediate opportunity for a communications specialist with extensive experience in media relations, influencer marketing and consumer programs for major brands, preferably (but not limited to) food and nutrition clients. The Account Supervisor will play a lead role in developing programs, managing day-to-day account activities and creating earned, digital and social media campaigns. The AS will work across multiple accounts and also play a pivotal role in business development.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Managing the day-to-day logistics for key clients in the food and nutrition/consumer practice.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of media, influencer and social/digital strategies.
- High profile media pitching.
- Leading the execution of specific programs within large accounts.
- High quality writing for press releases, plan/proposal development, and content.
- Collaborating across practice and expertise areas to bring best thinking to clients.
- Developing and managing budgets, staffing, and administrative account needs.
- Researching, planning, and executing events.
- Identifying and working with key influencers and influencer networks.
- Doing research and gathering insights relative to programs and new business.
- Developing client relationships.
- Monitoring and reporting on regular basis.
- 5-7 years of experience in public relations, journalism or a similar field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience in food/nutrition and understanding of nutrition and food practices and issues, as well as knowledge of consumer communications highly preferred.
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence, plan and program development and media communications
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing results-oriented communications programs and providing high-quality service to demanding clients.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to incorporate social and digital media into integrated communications strategies.
- Ability to develop and manage project timelines and corresponding project budgets.
- Proactive communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to change priorities against changing client and team needs.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered