Account Supervisor Corporate, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Chicago office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting, Account Supervisor with a passion for implementing integrated programs to join our Corporate Communications/Reputation practice.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and energetic public relations counselor to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate communications, reputation management, business-to-business, crisis, corporate positioning and high-level media relations programs.
The Account Supervisor will play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day logistics for the account team. Responsibilities include working closely with senior members of the team to create budgets, managing client programs and pursuing new business by contributing to proposals. This role will also focus on developing and executing communications programs with an emphasis on social media, reputation, brand building, B2B marketing, executive visibility and thought leadership programs.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Providing day-to-day account leadership and strategic counsel to clients on corporate positioning and messaging, integrated marketing communications, business-to-business communications and crisis/issues management.
- Working within a collaborative team on corporate positioning and reputation, issues management, crisis situations, executive visibility, internal communications and CSR programs.
- Conducting high-level media relations by building and maintaining strong relationships with reporters, editors and bloggers to build visibility for client news and subject matter experts.
- Developing strategic plans, messaging, media materials and digital/social content.
- Coordinating with the FH global network to develop and implement communication plans across a variety of sectors.
- Managing multiple client contact relationships and deliver according to individual contact needs.
- Project management and oversight of the work of teams, including mentoring of junior team members.
- Participating in new business pitches.
- Minimum of six years of corporate communications experience specifically related to corporate reputation management and media relations strategy. Previous agency experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with experience in all forms of persuasive, corporate and executive communication, including news releases, executive talking points and Q&A preparation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing corporate public relations and consumer media strategic plans, and confidence in presenting them effectively and persuasively to current and prospective clients.
- Proficiency in social media and experience in developing and implementing integrated strategies via content and channel management.
- Strong media relations experience with proven program results and success in building relationships with national business and consumer media.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client programs and new business pitches.
- Results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients.
- A high level of energy, excitement and enthusiasm, as well as vision and creative problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to contributing to a team-oriented atmosphere and culture.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Additional proficiencies required include excellent interpersonal skills, solid judgment, PowerPoint and Excel skills and an understanding of how organizations work.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.