Account Supervisor Corporate Communications, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an Account Supervisor to join its corporate practice group in New York. The role requires a background in public relations – writing, media relations, pitching, and client service. The right candidate will have experience gathering information from numerous sources, possess an understanding of the media and where the client fits in to current trends and stories, develop media plans and pitch ideas, and build relationships with top-tier business press.
- Working collaboratively and productively with team, supporting mid and senior level members
- Interacting with clients to understand needs and contribute to the development and execution of plans to help meet their business and communications goals
- Utilizing excellent writing skills in development of press kits, pitches, announcements, and other materials
- Contributing to the development and growth of close working relationships with relevant trade and national media
- Conducting research and assisting with proactive media outreach to secure top media coverage for clients
- Monitoring, assessing and reporting on traditional and social media coverage to help inform client communications strategy
- Coordinating conference participation and content partnerships to increase visibility and thought leadership for clients
- Initiating ideas and appropriately delegating work
- Contributing to and participating in new-business presentations
- Providing other support as needed
- 5+ years of PR experience in corporate communications
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proactive, engaging personality who can work well within a team environment and across all levels of client and firm management; show initiative, produce results
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments
- Strong sense of client service and urgency; desire to learn, contribute and operate in fast-paced environment
The ideal candidate will
- Be detail-oriented, highly organized and focused
- Possess a passion for corporate communications and media relations
- Have an awareness and interest in developments in the corporate and financial services sector
- Effectively and professionally communicate to clients and team members
- Work as a team player in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Display excellence in all basic account skills, including flawless media monitoring, preparation and merchandizing of clips, research skills on technology applications such as Factiva, CisionPoint, etc.
- Social media and blogger relation experience strongly preferred
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.