Account Supervisor Entertainment Media, Los Angeles
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard’s Los Angeles office has an immediate opening for an Account Supervisor to join our growing office, located in Playa Vista. This position is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned integrated communications practitioner with a background in and a passion for consumer lifestyle and entertainment PR to work with collaborative teams on brand-building, entertainment campaigns and content creation on behalf of our global clients.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that capture consumer lifestyle and entertainment media audiences and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Assist in handling many of the day-to-day deliverables for account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Create a variety of digital content for a range of social channels. Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating the client into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations.
- 3-8 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs specifically related to entertainment properties and brands. Experience in consumer lifestyle and entertainment PR is a requirement, and hands-on experience working with or for a studio is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier entertainment and consumer lifestyle media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- A multichannel communicator and integrator of media strategies across earned, shared and owned channels.
- Excellent writing abilities with demonstrable experience in all forms of communication, from strategic plans to media news releases to executive talking points.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
About FleishmanHillard Los Angeles/Orange County
Sitting in the entertainment capital of the world and residing in the neighborhood affectionately known as “Silicon Beach,” FleishmanHillard Los Angeles/Orange County is driven by a vision to be the most respected and sought-after global integrated communications agency in Southern California. The LA/OC team has deep experience in and passion for sports, entertainment, lifestyle, technology and health and wellness work, which is leveraged every day for blue chip brands like AT&T, Bose, Electronic Arts, Fitbit, Samsung and YouTube. The office prides itself on a focused approach rooted in creative and integrated communications.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2017; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.