Account Supervisor, Executive Communications, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications firm, has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Account Supervisor with a background in executive communications to join our thriving Detroit office. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for a proactive communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on executive communications, corporate messaging and reputation, media relations, financial communications, crisis situations and issues management for our global client.
Driven by great work, passionate about their city, and smart in their approach, FH Detroit is home to almost 40 of the area’s most talented communicators. Part of the global FH network of 80 offices, FH Detroit serves clients in the automotive, consumer goods, professional services and energy and utilities industries with fully integrated communications services including brand strategy and marketing, content and editorial development, executive positioning and reputation management, media relations and social and digital strategy and implementation. Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, this is a team that hustles harder, has fun and delivers award-winning, impactful work for some of the world’s leading brands.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Collaborate with senior team members and client leadership to develop and manage integrated communications programs, including executive communications, internal communications, corporate reputation, earnings and financial communications, media relations, and crisis/issues management
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage individual and team work streams on program implementation.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including Q + As, background materials, briefing documents, and messaging, recommendation and planning documents.
- 4-7 years of results-driven experience in communications, with a background in working with C-suite executives to develop executive communications programs. Agency experience is required, and in-house experience is a plus.
- Superior creative writing skills and high attention to detail, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, talking points and messaging, fact sheets, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Strong critical thinker with the ability to uncover actionable insights to help guide executive strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, marketing, business or related field.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and best-in-service commitment to going the extra mile for FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.