Account Supervisor, Food and Beverage, Los Angeles
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications firm, has an immediate opening for an Account Supervisor to join our growing Los Angeles office, located in Playa Vista. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an integrated marketing and communications practitioner with a background in and passion for food and beverage related marketing and public relations to work with collaborative teams on brand-building, field marketing campaigns and content creation on behalf of our global restaurant client.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and activate ongoing local/regional franchise marketing communications initiatives for market and grand store opening plans throughout the west region on behalf of our client
- Drive local/regional implementation of national promotions and public relations initiatives.
- Develop and execute various events from start to finish and have the ability to travel.
- Collaborate with client marketing team to define KPIs and execute local marketing plans to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage individual work streams on program implementation and reporting.
- Provide consumer and category insights and expertise to assist in the development of marketing materials.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with food and lifestyle media contacts, industry experts and influencers. Help shape client stories and messages, and actively pitch those communications to the blogger community with the goal of injecting the client into industry conversations.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence, client communications, bylines, memos, marketing and communications plans, social media content, and marketing collateral.
- Ensure creative content, including franchisee marketing, product plans and marketing support materials adhere to client brand standards.
- 4-7 years of experience in developing and implementing marketing communications programs with a strong working knowledge of the consumer restaurant, food and beverage space, preferably in an agency setting. Experience supporting franchisee organizations is highly preferred.
- Experience developing and executing brand marketing plans on a local level.
- Proven experience planning and executing a variety of events, including vendor management.
- The ideal candidate has active media and influencer relationships within the food/beverage/lifestyle community in general. Must have experience cultivating relationships with editors and bloggers on the basis of trust, integrity and accessibility. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- A multichannel communicator and integrator of media strategies across earned, shared and owned channels
- Excellent writing abilities with demonstrable experience in all forms of communication, from strategic plans to media news releases to executive talking points.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
About FleishmanHillard Southern California
FleishmanHillard’s offices in Southern California—Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego—include teams that have deep experience in and passion for sports, entertainment, lifestyle, technology and health and wellness work, which is leveraged every day for blue chip brands including AT&T, Samsung, FedEx, Bumble Bee and Mars Foods.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at http://www.fleishmanhillard.com/.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.