Account Supervisor Healthcare, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard New York is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and self-starting Account Supervisor to join our dynamic office. This position provides the opportunity to work on exciting communications programs for leading healthcare brands, develop key relationships with healthcare industry clients, and manage the strategic outreach to the media, third-party organizations, healthcare professionals and consumers.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, speaking abstracts, and marketing collateral.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Minimum of 4+ experience. Biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare communications experience within an in-house team or communications agency is required, including experience working in corporate healthcare and/or oncology clients.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Ability to translate large amounts of clinical data and information into lay language.
- Proven understanding of media environment: healthcare trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, spokespersons.
- Ability to develop strategic outreach plans to external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- A collaborative team member and team leader, with strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise and train junior-level account staff, provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop and strategically direct the creation of press materials and communications plans.
- Demonstrated strategic media relations planning, with the ability to develop strong media pitch angles, lead pitch teams and pitch story ideas to reporters.
- Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.