Account Supervisor, Kansas City
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Kansas City has an immediate opportunity for an experienced communications practitioner with knowledge of and a passion for implementing communication plans for food and nutrition foodservice and food ingredient clients, and agriculture clients. This is an exciting career opportunity for an emerging communications leader with a passion for integrated communications to work in a fast-paced practice on regional, national and global clients.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The successful candidate will have extensive project management skills; the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships; strong writing skills; event management experience and confidence to balance multiple programs at any given time.
- Play a pivotal role in managing and leading day-to-day assignments and work products, including plan development, content creation and oversight, as well as account and project management.
- Employ a variety of techniques – including media relations, event planning and execution, digital executions and B2B direct communications – to deliver integrated marketing communications for our clients.
- Develop content strategies and create a variety of content for a range of channels (digital, newsletters, sales materials). Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with clients and external audiences (third-party organizations, industry influencers, media and client partners).
- Supervise the work of account team members by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
- Monitor industry trends for application to client strategies and programming
- Provide assistance on new business efforts (research, ideation, support plan development and present to prospects).
- A minimum of 5-7 years of communication or marketing experience, preferably some experience in a marketing communications or public relations agency.
- Knowledge of food trends and issues (nutrition trends, food safety, package labeling, consumer consumption habits) and how production agriculture impacts our food system is an advantage.
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence and media communications, across multiple formats, including web, blogs, newsletters and sales materials.
- Experience in developing digital and social media strategies, and creating and executing seamlessly integrated programs and campaigns that align with client objectives.
- Event management experience, including planning, budget management, pre- and post- event engagement and on-site support.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and managing integrated communications programs.
- Strong understanding of media environment: trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, spokespersons.
- Energetic, self-starter and problem solver; gets things moving, keeps them on track and understands how to switch gears when needed.
- Management skills with a proven track record providing leadership to junior staff. Managing direct reports or a team is an advantage.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- A polished presence and the ability to effectively lead projects and clients – especially in evolving situations.
- Financial acumen with the experience and ability to develop and manage budgets.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.