Account Supervisor, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The FleishmanHillard Media Relations practice has an immediate need for a top-notch Account Supervisor to join their team of specialized, experienced media relations professionals focused on top-tier, national media relations and multi-media counsel. We are re-organizing the team and seek individuals who will “bring it” with energy, creativity and confidence to deliver results.
We want candidates who can offer forward-thinking ideas to support FleishmanHillard’s “Go Beyond” strategy and contribute to building new business for the team. As a consumer/lifestyle media specialist, this individual will work across a broad range of industries and support clients on a retainer and project-specific basis throughout the FleishmanHillard network.
- Develop and execute high-quality media programs from conception to execution to placement.
- Contribute compelling ideas for new business proposals and presenting them effectively and persuasively.
- Work to proactively place favorable stories and develop strong placement track record.
- Work collaboratively and productively with team members across the FH network/globally.
- Utilize excellent writing skills in development of press releases, executive speeches, Q&A, pitches, etc.
- Have strong relationships with top tier media.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field.
- 5+ years of public relations agency experience working across various practice areas.
- Proven track record of success securing coverage and building relationships with top tier media.
- A proven ability to develop compelling, insight-based strategic proposals and present them effectively and persuasively.
- Outstanding communications skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments.
- Work as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience pitching issues and stories to top-tier and trade media outlets.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- An ability to work well within a team environment, complementing senior leads and managing junior staff.
- A proven ability to manage large projects without much supervision.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.