Account Supervisor – Reputation Management/Technology, Austin
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Our Reputation Management Group is looking for a motivated, energetic and experienced Account Supervisor to join our growing Austin office. We’re seeking a candidate with enthusiasm for reputation management and recovery communications, with an interest in or experience with B2B technology and data security.
Successful candidates will have experience with both proactive and reactive communications, possess strong writing and problem-solving skills and work well in a fast-paced environment. This position will be part of a highly motivated team that is focused on corporate positioning and storytelling across channels and communications disciplines, such as crisis communications and issues management, executive communications and media relations.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Developing, executing and reporting on strategic public relations campaigns that meet business objectives and reach target audiences
- Comprehensive media relations planning and execution; developing strategies for competitive positioning and rapid response; mining for industry trends; building and maintaining strong relationships with relevant reporters, editors and bloggers to build visibility for client news and subject matter experts
- Working with a collaborative team to provide crisis communications and issues management support – with a demonstrated willingness to engage with clients whenever needs arise
- Developing a variety of key materials using a range of appropriate styles for editorial and business copy: client briefing materials, messaging, media materials, statements, etc.
- Seeking and securing opportunities for executive visibility and thought leadership including speaker panels, opinion editorial, top-tier executive interviews, etc.
- Presenting unique and relevant communications campaign ideas to further client goals and initiatives
- Preparing and planning for projects; owning elements of client programs, from concept to execution
- Working within a collaborative team; contributing ideas and suggestions to meet and exceed client needs
- Engaging with multiple clients and delivering according to individual client needs
- 4-6 years professional experience or demonstrable interest in technology and data security, preferably in an agency environment
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field
- Excellent writing and editing abilities including the ability to develop communications plans, messaging and other media materials
- Robust media relations skills; proven success garnering coverage in local, national and trade publications; technology media a strong benefit
- Demonstrated success in project management; ability to juggle multiple tasks in a high-speed environment without sacrificing accuracy
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work well with teams; keeping managers informed while executing on tasks and supporting the development of junior team members
- Ability to navigate and adapt to fast-changing environments and client situations, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results
- Experience supporting and contributing to the identification of new business opportunities, actively participating in presentations/pitch meetings where possible
- Enthusiastic learner who seeks feedback as an opportunity to grow and improve communications
- Interest in understanding complex technology and ability to translate technology benefits for target audiences
- Experience in social and digital media a plus
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
FleishmanHillard Austin leverages the power of digital, social, and strategic communications to produce award-winning campaigns for its clients. We create inspiring solutions for brands both large and small through the power of storytelling with traditional media relations, social media campaigns, and digital platforms.
FleishmanHillard delivers on The Power of True, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. We are seeking an energetic, self-starting Account Supervisor to join our dynamic team join our booming Southwest practice
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.