Accounts Payable Manager, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Agency Accounting Services (AAS) is a shared services organization serving several agencies within Omnicom Group, including FleishmanHillard, Ketchum, Porter Novelli, CPM, GMMB, VOX Global, CLS and others. AAS works closely with this group of agencies who are among the leading global communications firms, widely recognized for excellent client service and strong company cultures founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. AAS supports operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America. The shared services team uses the latest version of PeopleSoft financial systems, Cognos reporting and Docfinity document management. The team includes both software engineers and process improvement specialists who support a group of talented, hard-working accountants and accounting specialists. AAS has built a reputation for delivering quality accounting support for agencies that compete in a fast-paced environment.
Agency Accounting Services has an immediate opening for a reliable, well organized, and experienced Accounts Payable Manager.
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing AP activities within the Agency Accounting Services (AAS) team. As a leader within AAS, this role will play a key part in mentoring and motivating the team of direct reports, many of whom are located in the St.Louis location, in addition to being involved in daily and month-end processes as needed. This individual will help to ensure that team goals are met and/or exceeded and will support operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Oversees and leads a team of 9 employees in various activities including vendor setup, purchase order processing, invoice processing, payment disbursement, 1099 filings, VAT Tax filings, account reconciliations and employee expense reimbursement. Ensures AP tasks are performed accurately and timely.
- Liaises with team of employees based outside the U.S. who are working on similar tasks and workloads.
- Develops, implements and maintains processes and procedures to ensure adherence to company policies and promote efficient procurement to payment flow.
- Responds to inquiries from vendors, auditors and internal to meet business needs.
- Ensures AP account reconciliations are performed and old balances are researched and resolved.
- Selects and hires employees for the tasks mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees through monetary and non-monetary means within company guidelines.
- Prepares and leads regular trainings for internal clients to educate and refresh employees regarding AP procedures.
- Completes special projects and work with other team members within and outside of the Accounting department.
- Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure needs are met.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of Corporate Accounting work experience, some in Accounts Payable required.
- 5-8 years of experience in managing 3 or more people.
- Large ERP AP system experience, PeopleSoft a plus.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Account Principles and SOX Internal Control procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Excellent all-around leadership, communication, organizational and customer service skills.
About Agency Accounting Services
Agency Accounting Services supports the global accounting function agencies within the DAS group of companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. Based on our history of professionalism and exceptional service, AAS was appointed as the destination for accounting system consolidations across the Omnicom/DAS network. We are focused on delivering premier customer service, and timely and accurate financial information, to help agency management run their organizations more effectively.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.