Administrative Assistant, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard San Francisco is seeking an enthusiastic, talented and experienced administrative assistant for our growing office. This position, which requires a motivated self-starter who can work in a fast paced environment, provides the opportunity to work with our dynamic and experienced administrative team, providing support across the office’s practice groups. This position reports directly to the Office Manager.
- Interface with clients and all levels of staff; help resolve complex inquiries from both clients and account staff.
- Assist with client and internal billing projects and inquiries.
- Prepare expense reports and reconcile monthly statements.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itinerary for senior level executives.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, charts, tables, memoranda and letters using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Provide research assistance on various projects and proposals.
- Will deal with sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
- Support practice group(s) and members of each group.
- Assist with process flow of A/R, A/P, vendor invoices, check request and billing worksheets for the office.
- Assist with administrative tasks including: on boarding, emergency response program, catering for internal/external clients, office facilities and kitchens.
- Provide back-up assistance to other admin staff, receptionist and office manager as needed.
- Team player and wiliness to work as a team is a key characteristic this individual must have.
- A polished professional with a can-do attitude and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems is required. In addition, we seek:
- 4+ years of administrative experience, with outstanding prioritization, communication and organizational skills.
- Previous experience managing executive calendars and travel arrangements.
- Experience in a billable environment is a huge plus, as is solid understanding of a client service environment.
- Understanding of accounting software and practices.
- Experience proofreading work for accuracy.
- Strong research and writing skills, with the ability to manage a project from start to finish.
- The ideal candidate will be effective working both independently and as a team member.
- Expert skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Design and desktop publishing experience is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and handle changing needs of clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com),manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.