Accounts Payable Supervisor, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Agency Accounting Services (AAS) is a shared services organization serving several agencies within Omnicom Group, including FleishmanHillard, Ketchum, Porter Novelli, CPM, GMMB, VOX Global, CLS and others. AAS works closely with this group of agencies who are among the leading global communications firms, widely recognized for excellent client service and strong company cultures founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. AAS supports operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America. The shared services team uses the latest version of PeopleSoft financial systems, Cognos reporting and Docfinity document management. The team includes both software engineers and process improvement specialists who support a group of talented, hard-working accountants and accounting specialists. AAS has built a reputation for delivering quality accounting support for agencies that compete in a fast-paced environment.
Agency Accounting Services has an immediate opening for a reliable, well organized, and experienced Manager in our Accounts Payable department. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of 4-5 individuals responsible for providing AP support to locations around the globe.
Agency Accounting Services believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Complete and approve vendor change requests
- Ensure new vendor due diligence-check forms are filled out correctly
- Accountable for country specific tax (ex. VAT) registration check. Bank details independent confirmation
- Vendor change due diligence
- Vendor creation
- Deactivate/ Delete vendors (including dormant vendor identification)
- Pay When Paid Process as per agency requirements
- Manage vendor/internal payment queries and setup queries
- Manage invoice queries
- Resolve disputes with vendors
- Accountable for internal and external audit queries/data requests
- Responsible for Aged AP Review- compiling report, analyzing, review items outside materiality (amount, age, etc.).
- Assist management with reconciliation of AP ledger to GL (reconcile AP GL account)
- Responsible for PO and unposted voucher accruals
- Standard BPO Accruals
- Responsible for pending expense report review (expense report accruals)
- Responsible for debit balance review
- Correspond with office staff to assist with questions/needs
- Train office staff on necessary skills
- Research and reconcile past due balances on vendor invoices
- Research and reconcile employee expense report issues
- Test system enhancements and propose solutions for improvements
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Knowledge of Accounting/Accounts Payable systems; PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills, analytical skills, and ability to compose and initiate correspondence
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent numeric and alpha data entry skills
- Excel at prioritizing workload for numerous deadlines and taking ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to process data with speed and accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability, attention to detail, and a well-defined work ethic
- Organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
About Agency Accounting Services
Agency Accounting Services supports the global accounting function within the DAS group of companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. Based on our history of professionalism and exceptional service, AAS was appointed as a destination for accounting system consolidations across the Omnicom/DAS network. We are focused on delivering premier customer service, and timely and accurate financial information, to help agency management run their organizations more effectively.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.