Art Director, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening at our global headquarters office in St. Louis for an accomplished and highly talented art director to work with our growing and award-winning creative team.
We are looking for an art director who thinks conceptually and can develop concepts and campaigns. He or she must be a gifted designer and an ability to deliver persuasive presentations and general communications consultation. The art director will work closely with brand strategists, researchers, writers and a creative team that includes interactive, print and video specialists. He or she will work with senior managers on a regular basis regarding workload and client needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand client issues and objectives, and translate that understanding into the development and execution of creative concepts.
- Present a high-caliber, varied portfolio of creative assignments that demonstrate responding to strategic and design challenges with innovative creative solutions.
- Lead the direction and management of the creative process.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and handle multiple project demands.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail, while constantly being mindful of the larger strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with FH’s integrated design and creative team to promote a consistent approach toward integrated marketing and communications campaigns.
- Contribute conceptually to the development of new business proposals.
- Demonstrate an ability to work successfully on deadlines and within budget.
- 3 to 5 years of design experience.
- An extensive portfolio demonstrating original creative concepts and strong design.
- Possess strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Advertising/marketing/PR agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience across multiple media – such as print, presentation, digital, and video -- primarily working with account executives and clients to design various materials that successfully convey strategic communications messages.
- Fluent in designing with Mac OS, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.
- B.F.A. degree in graphic design, communication arts, or equivalent.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.