Business Development Manager, London
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Winning new clients is the lifeblood of our agency here in London. We’re continually hunting down new business opportunities, and pitch every week in the highest quality and most competitive communications marketplace in the world.
What that means: we need more than great strategists, creatives and client relationship managers. We need a person dedicated to making the wheels of our agency-wide business development machine turn smoothly and effectively, powering great and winning pitches across a variety of sectors and communications disciplines. This person will report into the Director of New Business.
This role requires someone who describes themselves as a self-starter. The talented team member in this role is an energetic business development professional with good instincts, an adventurous spirit, and proven experience driving effective results. They bring diligence and organization to agency-wide efforts, and build relationships across the agency (including with senior stakeholders). They will have experience of working in an agency environment, ideally in communications.
Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people, who are both exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Act as a point of contact for general enquiries for new business.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and reporting of new business information to accurately track our pipeline in a timely manner and analyse performance.
- Manage the reporting to global stakeholders including: handling our online new business pipeline tool, preparing contributions to calls and meetings with FleishmanHillard’s global new business community and producing accurate, well-written content for existing channels.
- Support the agency as it builds productive relationships with our parent company, partner organisations and other agencies (e.g. Omnicom, DAS and sister agencies in our Bankside offices)
- Support the roll-out of a new business training program
- Provide timely and efficient delivery of relevant and well-written content to pitch teams at all stages of new business opportunities
- Operate as information manager by refining, improving and developing our library of case studies and RFI answers. Continuously working with teams across the agency to spot opportunities to improve our content
- Support with the development of written and verbal presentations by providing quality content on our capabilities and credentials
- Assist with business development initiatives including; establishing efficiencies to identify and access key materials for proposals and presentations, and maintaining the agency’s list of top clients and their respective CRMs
- Take a keen interest in the industry, understand new business cycles, announcements of wins and losses and have an appetite for going after leads and creating connections for the practice heads.
- Play a critical role in building a positive, proactive and enthusiastic business development culture across the agency
- Partner with the business development team leads in each practice to drive energy and collaboration across the business
- Previous experience in an agency environment, preferably with experience in client services, business development reporting and using measurement tools
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with teams responsible for new business/business development to achieve wider objectives
- Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to compile, filter and refine materials for use in sales documents and presentations
- Polished presence and exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to creatively build and maintain solid relationships and deliver outstanding results
- Ability to provide thoughtful and confident solutions
- A vision for ‘what’s next’ in these areas and the confidence to suggest and implement new processes and ideas
- Proven ability to prioritise, work independently and take ownership is essential to success
If you have experience in the above we would love to hear from you!
About FleishmanHillard Fishburn
We are one of the world’s largest international communications consultancies with more than 2,500 employees in over 80+ offices around the globe. FH was founded over 65 years ago and has since established a strong reputation for delivering meaningful, positive and measurable impact for clients. We are widely recognised for exceptional service and quality standards as well as our long-term relationships with clients. Our London office is the second largest office in the global network, defined by a series of practice groups – Corporate Communications, Public Affairs, Corporate Reporting, Brand Marketing, Digital & Social, Insights & Planning, and Brand, Content & Design – combined with expertise in industry sectors such as energy, technology, healthcare, travel and tourism, food & drink, sports, FMCG, financial & professional services. We have a strong and talented team, a solid client base of Fortune 500 and FTSE listed companies. And, while we’re part of a successful global group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas. Awards – we have been awarded International Consultancy of the Year, Global Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year in 2014 by PR Week, as well as European Consultancy of the Year for the second year running by the Holmes Report. We have also been named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We are part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.