Cognos Developer, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Agency Accounting Services (AAS) is a shared services organization serving several agencies within Omnicom Group, including FleishmanHillard, Ketchum, Porter Novelli, CPM, GMMB, VOX Global, CLS and others. AAS works closely with this group of agencies who are among the leading global communications firms, widely recognized for excellent client service and strong company cultures founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. AAS supports operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America. The shared services team uses the latest version of PeopleSoft financial systems, Cognos reporting and Docfinity document management. The team includes both software engineers and process improvement specialists who support a group of talented, hard-working accountants and accounting specialists. AAS has built a reputation for delivering quality accounting support for agencies that compete in a fast-paced environment.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Agency Accounting Services seeks a Cognos Developer to join our MIS team. The Cognos Developer will be responsible for providing technical expertise on Cognos Development in a 11.x environment. The Cognos environment provides real-time reporting against a PeopleSoft Financials application (Oracle database), and a data warehouse (SQL Server database).
Agency Accounting Services believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Technical design, development, testing and migration of modifications and enhancements
- Interaction with users to troubleshoot problems and gather requirements
- Track and document changes to functional and technical specifications
- Application maintenance, troubleshooting and on-call support for Cognos application
- Design and develop interfaces, reports, data conversion
- Gather and document requirements for reports and dashboards
- Support, maintenance, and training for any metadata tools
- Maintain technical documentation for all packages, descriptions of the data and data structures including data definitions, metadata, data models
- Assist with design of Database, Business, and Presentation layers
- Designing, building, testing, and improving Cognos BI reports
- Support Cognos Enterprise Planning(10.2) implementation
- Support IBM TM1/Planning Analytics implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Skilled in problem solving and developing solutions to complex issues and opportunities
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong SQL skills (Oracle/SQLServer)
- Experience with creating and maintaining stored procedures
- Knowledge of DMR and ability to create DMR models
- Cognos Report creation and performance tuning.
- Cognos Planning administration
- Experience with Cognos BI / Framework Manager
- Ability to troubleshoot Cognos report performance issues
- Strong documentation skills
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Ability to perform impact analysis on planned modifications
- Strong testing skills, including ability to develop a solid test plan
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.