Creative Director, New York
Global Business Development Team Overview:
FleishmanHillard’s global business development function is being enhanced with the introduction of a dedicated organization comprised of talent focused on helping improve our effectiveness in the pursuit and conversion of new business. The success of the business development team relies on the caliber of talent and resources we are investing in, the culture and processes we are committed to continually evolve, and the close partnership that the function must have with our leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our partners within Omnicom.
New business is a critical function of our business and will be an important contributor to growth. It requires we:
- Be rigorous in our approach to produce stronger, high-value wins
- Drive strong agency-wide alignment, collaboration, adoption of world-class practices
- Approach every opportunity as one agency opportunity
- Align around a universal, systematic process – the FH Way
- Promote and behave as a culture of hunters (focused on relationship-building, proactivity and salesmanship)
- Recognize and reward exceptional contributors to new business success
To achieve these ambitions, we are introducing a dedicated global new business organization whose role will be to:
Drive rigor, consistent systems and processes, and a culture of proactivity and salesmanship in how we approach new business
Partner closely with agency leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our partners within Omnicom to impact our performance on high-value and strategic opportunities
Aid our agency talent in developing strong new business skills, and arming with the best tools and resources
It’s not that we enjoy jumping out of planes. It’s just that big wins don’t happen without taking a few risks. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client.
We don’t have a one size fits all formula for success; we don’t reach into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and true.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, new ways of working, new ways of continually winning!
This role is to be a part of a team that is redefining what PR ideas can be and do. It requires someone who is idea obsessed, not channel focused. Someone who can be a lead in developing conceptual ideas that lead culture, are built on insights and human truths and will ultimately transform the way our audience(s) believe, think, feel and do. This is for someone who is stoked by challenges, fearlessly pushing to create something new. Someone who can inspire the firm to think about our opportunities as possibilities to break the perceptions there may be about PR agencies generally, and FleishmanHillard specifically.
This role requires people who describe themselves as an early adopter, a self-starter, a beta tester. The talented team member in this role is an experienced, energetic new business professional with good instincts, an adventurous spirit, and proven experience driving effective results. This team leader demonstrates a passion for new business and will work collaboratively with the global business development team to grow our world-class portfolio of clients in technology, financial and professional services, consumer products and services, healthcare, food and beverage, energy, manufacturing, the public sector and more.
Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players. We need someone who is a relentless challenger but who leaves their ego at the door. Who pushes us to excellence in our creative product.
- Be lead Creative Director on select new business and organic growth opportunities both US and Global
- Help lead the FleishmanHillard POV on the evolving creative outputs of PR firms and how to integrate that POV into our work
- Work collaboratively with regional leaders and pitch leads on the creation of concepts, delivery mechanisms for pitches and presentations, and translating program content into easily understandable and engaging creative solutions
- Partner with new business lead, creative strategist and CRMs to establish direction for creative, including participation in overall creative strategy development of the project/program/pitch, participation in GPS strategy sessions and other planning discussions
- Responsible for the conceptualization and design of graphic applications such as collateral material, graphics, video, multi-media interfaces, and other innovative components
- Drive and oversee new business design and production services, including internal (designers/interns) and external resources (vendors) to support graphic design, video services, spec. work
- Develop new competencies for new business innovation (i.e. VR, design, creative technology innovations).
- Provide efficient and effective resource mapping and workflow planning, including managing vendor relationships both inside and outside of the agency network
- Manage, develop, update and actively contribute to new business asset library; provide process, direction and oversight of shared information that can be accessed and utilized by the global team
- Develop and manage relationships with OMC/OPRG business development creative partners; actively lead the sharing of best practices in workflow, systems, project management software, vendor relations and presentations/production
- 10+ years of experience as a lead in a creative department with 5+ years of experience in a PR agency preferred
- Polished presence and exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to creatively build and maintain solid relationships and deliver outstanding results
- Well versed in all forms of social, digital and integrated marketing; continue to drive the adoption of digital practices into all new business efforts
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, and take ownership is essential to success; this leader will be the type of person who either finds a way, or makes one, translating to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate lead staff throughout the pitch and creative process
Key Performance Indicators (preliminary KPIs for discussion with candidates):
- Impact of creative concepts and ideas on new business and organic growth opportunities
- Impact on the overall rise in the quality of our creative work
- Contributions to systematic approach to share content and materials such as case studies, bios, capabilities, creative packaging, videos, and in-room materials thus allowing more time for creative development; actively seek feedback and incorporate tweaks to the system as needed
- Develop and manage a process for the development of creative elements throughout the pitch, keeping track of best practices to increase efficiency for future opportunities
- Contributions to innovation and creative work and solutions, including actively research and seek out trends and best practices as a global team; propose XX new ideas to BD leads in the fiscal year
- Contributions or involvement in creative/new business specialist learning platforms and discussions
- Training and development programs or opportunities facilitated or supported concerning new business skills
- Individual contributions to culture, strong team work and a productive, fun and high-energy new business working environment
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players. To learn more about us, please visit fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.