Creative Strategist, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and social media-savvy Creative Strategist able to bring an earned-media approach to creative direction that delivers likes, shares, comments and fan patronage. The position is based out of the FleishmanHillard office in St. Louis, Mo. The Creative Strategist will help identify creative trends, develop messaging, lead concepting and direct a nimble creative team. Ideal candidate is a great collaborator who will work closely with counterparts in channel strategy, analytics, account leadership and community management to concept, define and refine social media strategies for clients. The integrated team of social media and creative specialists will help plan, build and execute social media campaigns and programs for some of the world’s leading brands. The Creative Strategist must be part visionary, part design director and part hands-on tactician, capable of presenting ideas and implementing as the situation requires.
· Using past experience and fresh new ideas to engage and grow vibrant, healthy communities on social channels.
· Ensure the highest level of content quality, message consistency and integrity and integration into other marketing vehicles and processes.
· Offer guidance and management for social content creative standards and best processes.
· Help set the overall creative strategy for the voice and presence of individual clients on social media channels and in digital arenas.
· Devise innovative strategies and create unique content to engage fans and achieve client business objectives.
· Work collaboratively with team members to develop and implement successful social media campaigns.
· Interface with clients regularly and be adept at anticipating client needs.
· Identify emerging social media tools and leverage them to achieve outstanding results.
· Engage in consultative planning to meet business requirements and optimize the social experience.
· Foster strategic thinking within the team and consistently drive the team toward the highest possible caliber deliverables.
· Develop relationships internally with account, planning, project management and technology teams. Foster relationship-building and positive relationships among your staff.
· Work in a uniquely fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines.
· Mentor and develop junior creative staff.
· Manage teams, including performance reviews, continuous feedback and development, etc.
· Support the management of projects for on-time and on-budget completion.
Eight to 12 years of overall experience in digital marketing/advertising.
Strong social media production experience; ability to design and produce creative content on social networks.
A deep understanding of existing and emerging media, online communities and industry trends; ability to identify company opportunities as well as potential sponsor opportunities.
Ability to translate company and client goals into actionable social strategies.
Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories and interact with the audience.
Understanding of other digital marketing disciplines for integrated strategies (i.e., SEO, Paid Search, Paid Media).
Ability to lead, motivate and inspire teams of both creative, social and strategy members.
Commitment to producing effective design.
Exceptional conceptual thinking.
Excellent relationship skills; good listener; respects the expertise of others; ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization; and able to build strong relations with agency clients, account staff, group directors, and other senior managers in the firm.
Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer and mentor. The successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing social media content communications to translate technology into a language that all can understand.
Gravitas and savvy to counsel senior-level executives.
Adept at relationship-building and client retention.
Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/accounts, manage staff and client relationships, and deliver results.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.