Designer Junior Art Director, Boston
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is seeking a talented Designer/Junior Art Director to bring big thinking to our multi-disciplinary studio in our Boston office. An ideal candidate is a well-spoken and detailed oriented individual, confident in their ability to conceptualize, create and deliver high quality content for our clients.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to create a range of powerful, viable concepts and designs for client requests, partnering with account staff to ensure messaging and design work together to tell a compelling story
- Propose, plan, design, and deliver a full range of high-impact print and digital collateral, including: infographics and data visualization, presentations, reporting dashboards, storyboards and other assets for video, and social media
- Communicate design concepts with clear reasoning behind proposed solutions, both written and verbally with internal teams, as well as clients
- Work cross-functionally and within the team to participate in all stages of the design process, communicate timelines and status, ensure the appropriate concepts, themes and overall messaging strategy are represented and present to key stakeholders
- Comfort while working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Able to juggle multiple projects (between 5-10 at a time) while inspiring & motivating both your creative teammates and your clients
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a diverse portfolio
- Ability to demonstrate big thinking across multiple channels as they relate to a larger campaign
- A knack for strategic brainstorming, campaign development, and creative execution
- A keen eye for typography and layout hierarchy to develop fresh and innovative designs; illustration skills are a plus
- Portfolio review required – examples to demonstrate big thinking and ability to explain decisions that led to deliverables – examples of branding
- An expert understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign – familiarity with Premiere, After Effects, a plus
- Fluent in a variety of digital delivery formats (data visualization, interactive PDFs, motion graphics, social media platforms, PPT, etc.)
- Strong ability to design in power point when needed
- A four-year degree, formal design training, plus 3-5 years of design experience, preferably in a creative agency
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong ability to design within stringent budgets
- Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic with exceptional project management skills
- Can work effectively with all levels of management and on virtual teams
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation appropriate to the assignment and time-frame
- Web experience, photography print, video, VR a plus
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.