Designer New Business, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard, is seeking a talented Junior Designer to join our growing New Business Services team in our New York office. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to support our creative vision for producing exceptional new business proposals, materials and presentations. We are looking for a collaborative team player who is able to manage their time and is confident in their ability to bring important projects across the finish line. This position requires a design eye and will be crucial to the success of our new business team and company’s reputation.
- Develop customized PowerPoint templates and graphics for new business presentations
- Production and finishing of printed new business proposals and client presentations on time and on budget
- Significant edits in PowerPoint, including organization, alignment and page builds
- Manage external printing vendors as needed
- Proofreading all documents in their final state
- Image resizing and copy edits in the appropriate design application
- Manage all creative aspects for new business proposals and pitches from beginning to end
- Five years of professional experience preferable at an integrated agency or design studio
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of the printing process
- Proofreading experience, preferably for advertising, web and marketing materials.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the entire Adobe Creative Suite in particular: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience creating micro-websites with Squarespace or similar software
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, multi-task, be flexible and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
The ideal candidate will:
- Be detail-oriented, highly organized and focused
- Possess a passion for corporate communications and media relations
- Have an awareness and interest in developments in the corporate and financial services sector
- Effectively and professionally communicate to clients and team members
- Work as a team player in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Display excellence in all basic account skills, including flawless media monitoring, preparation and merchandizing of clips, research skills on technology applications such as Factiva, CisionPoint, etc.
- Social media and blogger relation experience strongly preferred
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality design work, be a team player and a motivator, and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. Interested candidates should be an outgoing, well-spoken, well-informed person with confidence and common sense and demonstrate a serious interest and awareness of trends, best practices, technology, and business applications. Must be proactive and manage projects from beginning to end. Please submit your resume with production examples. Candidates are strongly encouraged to provide a portfolio for best consideration.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.