Digital Marketing Director, Toronto
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard leverages the power of digital, social, and strategic communications to produce award-winning campaigns for its clients. We create inspiring solutions for brands both large and small through the power of storytelling with traditional media relations, social media campaigns, and digital platforms.
We are seeking an energetic, self-starting Digital Marketing Director to join our team. This professional will develop and manage social programs for client companies with a strong emphasis on B2B communications and Fintech. This position provides daily client contact, high visibility and ownership of various client programs.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- An experienced professional with expertise leading teams in applying digital communications solutions with an emphasis on social media strategy and engagement programs.
- Part strategist, part account lead, part hands-on tactician, capable of envisioning, leading or implementing, as the situation requires.
- Excellent relationship skills; good listener; respects the expertise of others; ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization. Able to build strong relations with agency clients, account staff, and senior managers within the firm.
- A consummate team player that brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
- Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer, mentor. The successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
Our ideal candidate has led social efforts, loves analyzing campaign performance and has a pulse on the latest social trends, and can create social media content on the fly. They understand the intricacies of established and emerging social channels and can optimize strategy and messaging to effectively engage the community. We want a go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can leverage the available resources to make a big impact. The successful hire will help monitor communities and respond to customers to help drive positive engagement across platforms and communities, provide strategic counsel to clients and coaching/mentoring to agency staff and help manage issues when they arise.
- Join our digital team in a client service role - responsible for community management and ongoing community engagement, including content development and development of social and integrated communications strategy
- Create ongoing acquisition programs across social channels that lead to growth of channel engagement and generate sales leads for our clients
- Advocate and make recommendations around social marketing programs, messaging, and integrated campaigns
- Possess a flair for project management, attention to detail and be able to drive amazing programs delivered on time and on budget
- Monitor and report on trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business
- Use insights, metrics and analytics to optimize communications in type, tone, frequency, and topic – as well as improve community growth and engagement
- At least 5 years of direct social media experience, building communities and campaigns with demonstrated creativity and success
- Expert in social media monitoring and analytic tools, and experienced in executing and managing social strategies
- Positive attitude, detail oriented, strong communicator and critical thinker
- Strong writing and editorial skills with utmost attention to detail
- Energetic and capable of participating successfully in a very fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, team-oriented and capable of thriving in a group work environment, ideally with previous agency experience
- Accepts and learns from constructive criticism and responds positively and quickly with proper solutions
- Degree can vary from Liberal Arts to Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Business
- Experience with large, complex B2B or Fintech brand(s) preferred
- Understands the news cycle
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.