Social & Innovation Intern (Summer 2018), Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The FleishmanHillard Social and Innovation team is seeking qualified candidates for a paid, full-time internship position within our Washington, D.C. office. Interns are an integral part of our dynamic team and work closely with staff across social media strategy & activation, project management, paid media & advertising, social media research & data analytics and more. From consumer brands to government agencies, trade associations to embassies, this position touches many high-profile accounts in FleishmanHillard’s global client network.
Day-to-day (and hour-to-hour) responsibilities may span from crafting customized web and social metrics reports, assisting in the management of paid social campaigns, mobile and social sites or applications, navigating content management systems and emerging social platforms, conducting social media researching and ongoing monitoring, providing background research on client-specific issues, etc. Online communication is constantly evolving – therefore so does our work!
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Candidates must be a college junior, senior or a college graduate and hard working with at least a 3.0 GPA. The candidates must also display an eagerness to expand their skills in social-focused communications, marketing, advertising and project management and be available to work full time Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- The ideal candidate for this position must be social media savvy, extremely comfortable manipulating and interpreting data, has experience pivoting between multiple projects, able to navigate data analytics and is highly detail oriented. Specifically, the candidate should also have some experience in the following areas:
- Having familiarity with social media platforms in a professional perspective (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Conducting social listening and analysis to inform social media strategy and/or content creation
- Drafting short-form and long-form content for social platforms (including copy for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Contributing to the development of social media strategy, advertising and measurement
- Optimizing paid advertising campaigns and navigating advertising portals
- Reviewing and understanding social data and web analytics from various social media measurement platforms
- Having basic knowledge, or are aware of reporting platforms including, but not limited to, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr, and Synthesio.
- Knowing the ins and outs of MS Office and Google Drive (advanced Excel knowledge is a plus)
Friday, March 9
About the FleishmanHillard D.C. Office
FleishmanHillard’s Washington, D.C., office is one of the most prominent public relations offices in the D.C. metro area. With eight practice areas covering health communications & behavior change, social & innovation, creative, public affairs, crisis, brand & corporate reputation, media relations, and tech, the D.C. office touches a unique portfolio of clients across a wide variety of sectors. Employees in the D.C. office come from a variety of backgrounds in public relations and government policy to provide the highest-quality counsel for our clients.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.