Director Business Development, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
It’s not that we enjoy jumping out of planes. It’s just that big wins don’t happen without taking a few risks. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client.
We don’t have a one size fits all formula for success; we don’t reach into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, new ways of working, new ways of continually winning!
This role requires people who describe themselves as an early adopter, a self-starter, a beta tester. The talented team member in this role is an experienced, energetic new business professional with good instincts, an adventurous spirit, and proven experience driving effective results. This team leader demonstrates a passion for new business and will work collaboratively with the global business development team to grow our world-class portfolio of clients in technology, financial and professional services, consumer products and services, healthcare, food and beverage, energy, manufacturing, the public sector and more.
Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
Global Business Development Team Overview:
FleishmanHillard’s global business development function is a dedicated organization comprised of talent focused on the pursuit and conversion of new business. We are committed to continually evolving and investing in creating a culture and processes that support new business success. The global new business function at FleishmanHillard closely partners with senior leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our Omnicom partners. We are committed to:
- Being rigorous in our approach to produce strong, high-value wins
- Driving strong agency-wide alignment, collaboration, adoption of world-class practices
- Approaching every opportunity as one agency opportunity
- Aligning around a universal, systematic process
- Promoting and behaving as a culture of hunters, focused on relationship-building, proactivity and salesmanship
The Director of Business Development Will:
- Actively lead and drive new business pitches from onset of process to completion
- Drive effective results through fresh perspective, strong insight analytics, authentic storytelling, exciting communications campaigns, and relationship building through the new business process
- Collaborate with CRMs, senior leaders, research, planning, creative, sector and practice leaders, and account teams
- Partner with global new business leadership team to:
- Identify and assemble teams including research, planning, and creative
- Direct the life cycle of the pitch process
- Coach and prepare pitch teams for success
- Ensure that all relevant agency resources are brought to bear, including expertise from other offices, affiliates, partners, as well as other Omnicom firms
- Assist with post-pitch debrief, recording and communicating key learnings
- Develop new business pipeline in coordination with global team
- 10+ years of experience of combined client services and new business with 5+ years of experience in a PR agency preferred
- Ability to confidently and effectively drive a pitch from start to finish
- Polished presence and exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to creatively build and maintain solid relationships and deliver outstanding results
- Well versed in all forms of social, digital and integrated marketing; continue to drive the adoption of digital practices into all new business efforts
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, and take ownership is essential to success; this leader will be the type of person who either finds a way, or makes one, translating to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate lead staff throughout the pitch process
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.