Director, Social Media Customer Care, Detroit
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Director with a background in social media customer care to join our thriving Detroit office. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead and grown social customer care and to manage and operationalize social care best practices for an automotive Fortune 500 client. The position will sit on-site at our client and provide a high-level of account leadership, provide social care thought leadership and oversee an internal team of social care specialists. Expertise across call centers and customer care via social is required.
Driven by great work, passionate about their city, and smart in their approach, FH Detroit is home to almost 40 of the area’s most talented communicators. Part of the global FH network of 80 offices, FH Detroit serves clients in the automotive, consumer goods, professional services and energy and utilities industries with fully integrated communications services including brand strategy and marketing, content and editorial development, executive positioning and reputation management, media relations and social and digital strategy and implementation. Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, this is a team that hustles harder, has fun and delivers award-winning, impactful work for some of the world’s leading brands.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as the lead for social care programs and grow them – this does not mean just "get the work done." It means thinking strategically about problems, partnering with clients and internal teams to solve them, and thinking proactively about how to drive the client business forward
- Cultivate those relationships where no one can live without you. No one
- Serve as a partner for the Engagement Team lead to evolve the offering, grow the group, grow the business, mentor the staff and generally, rock it out
- Contribute to the development of comprehensive social communications strategies for our client, while adding big-time value to our own brand
- Demonstrate an ability to work successfully – which means smarter, not longer – on deadlines and within budget. And sometimes, you might need to help shape those deadlines and budgets
- Act resourcefully, offering a variety of resources and alternatives solutions to creative problems
- Contribute conceptually to the development of new business proposals
- Resolve most questions and problems independently, seeking counsel, where appropriate and making recommendations on complex issues
- Working with a high-energy, forward-thinking team of crossed-discipline people, from PR to branding to mobile
The ideal candidate is keenly strategic, versatile and insights-driven; someone who thrives in an energetic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. In addition, the Director will have:
- 8-10 years of total experience; previous social customer care experience at a PR, Advertising or Digital Agency preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing programs of all sizes, preferably integrated programs that utilize multiple customer care channels
- Previous automotive experience strongly preferred
- Ability to draft and implement strategic social media programs
- Strong skills in building and maintaining relationships
- Experience with social media monitoring tools (Radian6, Nielsen Buzz Metrics, etc.), a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.