Director Talent Development, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard’s east region has an immediate opening for a seasoned and forward-thinking Director, Talent Development. The position will be based in New York and will primarily support the overall talent development needs for the East region (New York, Boston and sister agencies). This role will allow the Director, Talent Development to see the full range of TD programs and impact the full life-cycle of the employee experience. While this role will be focused on the east region, there is ample opportunity to contribute and drive cross-network best practices for the TD function.
Act as a consultant to regional senior leadership on Talent Development issues, identifying and assessing TD needs, recommending opinions or solutions, and working with the leadership team to agree on TD initiatives and follow-up/implementation to impact regional business objectives and agency objectives. Areas of responsibility include:
- Employee Relations and Engagement: proactively suggest best practice programs to instill a high performance culture and improve engagement, and also solve employee issues by acting as an employee and management advocate.
- Performance and Reward: Manage compensation, promotion, and performance review programs, and collaborate with regional and global leaders on talent programs and TD business solutions.
- Learning and Development: recommend development plans for staff, and advance top-notch training programs and toolkits to regional leaders
- Resourcing and Planning: Identify and prepare employee development and staffing plans, and work with the Talent Acquisition team to assess and manage staffing and recruitment needs.
- 7-10 years of related talent development experience – ideally in an agency environment
- Self-starter who is passionate about people and developing new programs to attract and retain top talent.
- TD practitioner who is motivated to understand the intricacies of the business and the role talent plays in driving it.
- Experience working closely with all levels and comfortable providing counsel and strategic recommendations.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality, innate ability to build rapport easily and desire to continuously push the envelope on TD offerings and programs
- Experience creating and executing strategic programs and strategies to increase employer-of-choice brand awareness.
- Collaborative, agile, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast paced, high-demand environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.