Freelance Insights Analyst, London
Position Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a freelance Analyst for a 6-8 week project starting 3 May.
You will drive day-to-day projects across several client accounts. This includes working with the analytics team, account teams and clients, ensuring reporting provides the context of what happened – as well as how teams can act on this information to improve communications tactics and strategies.
Our analytics teams live, breathe and dream about data, but that doesn’t mean we talk in 1s and 0s. Our role is to act as data storytellers, working with clients from the onset, providing the critical insights that fuel campaigns to drive change. As a result insights and measurement sit at the core of our programmes. Our promise is to deliver meaningful, positive and measurable results.
Our belief is that effective research, analytics and measurement is a blend of rigor and flexibility, consistency and customisability. Applying careful data gathering and thoughtful analysis of facts, we are able to unlock insights and generate the transformative ideas that shape a company’s success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide monitoring, conversation analysis and pattern recognition across client accounts
- Support planning through qualitative and quantitative research
- Assist new business and existing clients in identifying emotive behavioral drivers for target audiences
- Produce in-depth monthly and quarterly reports synthesizing findings across multiple channels
- Support business growth and client retention by providing excellent service, and making recommendations for improving or building on existing research and measurement programmes
- Work with the team leads on measurement framework development for clients
- Provide mentorship and day-to-day guidance to our Junior Analysts
- Being a resource for qualitative analysis, media and social analytics and secondary/database research
- A sound understanding of the power of content and communication, and experience working with teams to apply the findings of your analysis to clients’ business realities.
- Experience in nuanced qualitative analysis, social media monitoring and secondary/database research
- Are passionate about discovering new and effective ways of telling stories with data. For you, data is more than numbers and spreadsheets; it’s a new way of seeing the world. You get excited at the prospect of working through complex problems and are capable of explaining your findings to team members and clients. You understand that data can be beautiful
- Abound with curiosity and enjoy the process of understanding what motivates human action. You embrace the human face of data and want to determine the meanings behind our connections. You understand that brands are not the focal point of the universe – but that they do play a role in our day-to-day lives and are eager to understand how we as marketers can improve that relationship.
- Understand – and are passionate about – the power of content and communication, but you also quickly grasp your clients’ business realities and can directly apply your knowledge to their requirements. This isn’t theory for you – it’s problem solving. You’re a consultant because you’re good at it and you enjoy it.
- Have technical and strategic capabilities. You know your way around databases and monitoring tools and are undaunted by spreadsheets with more rows than you can count. You’re also comfortable working at the upper end, helping to define measurement frameworks that span two or more channels. You understand the marriage between analytics, insights and strategy and are comfortable making recommendations beyond just measurement.
- Have a strong work ethic and conviction in your methods. No matter what project you’re working on, you take pride in your work. You enjoy working through complex, human-centered problems. You know analytics is the backbone of strategy and are therefore unwilling to compromise the quality of your work. You are enjoy learning from others but are also happy to take the lead and run with a project.
- Are well-rounded. You know how to gather requirements, discuss both design and technical concepts, and ultimately make sure the project gets done right. You are confident in your skills and also know when to ask for help.
If you have experience in the above we would love to hear from you!
More about us…
About FleishmanHillard Fishburn
Our London team harnesses the collective power of creative, social, tech and strategic marketing to produce electric, infectious and award-winning communications. With this in mind, we create provocative, inspiring solutions for big and small brands with stories to tell - which could be anything from a blog or social campaign to an installation, film, event or long-term movement. And while we’re part of a successful Global Group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
Please do not contact the office directly - only resumes submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.