Front-end Web developer, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Inc., one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has an opportunity at our global corporate headquarters in St. Louis for a front-end developer. The front-end developer will collaborate on technical strategy and user experience design with a team of programmers, video/motion designers, and creative directors. He or she will be responsible for code design and implementation for a variety of web application development projects. This position also works closely with the technical director, content creators, web designers and PR account staff to plan and develop online solutions addressing client and agency project needs. This individual works adeptly within a team environment and can effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop code for websites and applications in support of communications strategies for a broad base of clients including those in the Fortune 100.
- Explore and gain expertise in new technologies and applications that can be applied to client projects.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of application design adaptation and development principles.
- Deliver consistently superior client service and high-quality work for multiple clients, frequently on urgent or changing deadlines.
- Conduct code reviews, quality assurance planning and maintain consistent development standards.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of professional web development experience with a strong portfolio and skill in design adaptation to achieve excellence in user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, graphic or web design, or related field of study.
- Work adeptly in a dynamic team environment and can effectively communicate with other developers, designers and non-technical audiences.
- Skilled in assessing technical challenges and determining best and most efficient course of action.
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL is not required, but preferred.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on responsive design and mobile frameworks required.
- Proficient working with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with version control, and tools such as Subversion.
- Adept at cross-browser compatibility and implementations.
- High-level of WordPress integration experience; knowledge of other content management systems a plus.
- Experience with Wordpress theme, and plug-in research and development to include functionality and general security measures.
- Integration expertise with APIs, such as Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, specifically in the areas of testing and quality assurance.
- Ability to define, implement and manage quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Enjoys a fast-paced and demand-driven environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.