Junior Video Specialist, Social + Innovation, San Francisco
Positions Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s San Francisco Social + Innovation Team is seeking a passionate, talented, and versatile Junior Video Specialist to join our award-winning staff of filmmakers, animators, designers, and creative strategists in a fast-paced agency environment that will challenge your skills in cinematography, editing, motion graphics, photography & other creative disciplines.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented self-starter who feels at home in all phases of production from conception to execution. We’re not just looking at technical expertise; we want someone who has a “make it work” ethic, is a proactive team-player, and approaches every project with innovative thinking and the desire to perpetually challenge our team in crafting engaging creative content for our roster of Fortune 500 clients.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the Bay Area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include FitBit, EA, Genentech, VeriFone, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levis, and many more.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Assist Video Director in all phases of production including planning, shooting, editing, motion-graphics and sound design for both scripted, documentary-style video, and animation projects. Can operate independently when needed.
- Support production for lifestyle and product photography projects including conception, shooting, and sourcing props for locations and on-camera talent.
- Translate client objectives into compelling visual narratives via creative treatments, storyboards, and other visualization methods.
- Collaborate with clients, account managers, and social media strategists to bring creative perspective and make strategic recommendations to large-scale integrated campaigns.
- Ensure high-quality production values and client brand identity are consistently maintained across all work.
- Manage multiple projects across varying phases of production and overlapping deadlines.
- Contribute to our Social + Innovation Team’s upbeat and motivated culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or a related field.
- 1-3 years professional experience in film, video, and audio production or equivalent body of work.
- 1-3 years of experience in motion graphics, chroma keying, rotoscoping, motion tracking, and compositing for digital & broadcast platforms.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud suite, with an emphasis in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Audition.
- Well-versed in the core principles of visual narrative, composition, color, and typography across a variety of production styles/genres.
- Familiar with content optimization and technical specs for various social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Superior client service skills and the ability to thrive in independent working situations as well as in large interdisciplinary teams.
- Availability for occasional travel for location shoots and night/weekend hours if necessary to meet project requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are big pluses.
If this description is an accurate representation of your arsenal of skills, please send us the following:
- A link to your website or video channel showcasing your portfolio.
- A cover letter.
- Your resume.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.