Managing Supervisor - Food & Nutrition, Chicago
The Chicago office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor with a strong consumer/brand marketing background to join our Food + Nutrition/Consumer Marketing practice. This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on integrated communications programs entailing strategic planning, creative ideation, high-level media relations strategy and execution, influencer marketing, and overall client/account management. The successful candidate must be highly detailed and organized, solutions oriented, results-driven, experienced in working with a cross-agency team, able to build and maintain strong client relationships and provide strategic counsel. Food and nutrition experience, in particular with CPG brands, is preferable but not mandatory.
· Creative program development.
· Strategic program planning and execution.
· Media relations chops with strong emphasis on storytelling and rolodex of contacts
· Balancing staff workload, developing and managing budgets
· Team management and mentorship
· Day-to-day client needs
· Involvement in regular account planning meetings and new business development
Additionally, candidates should have:
· Minimum of 8-10 years of consumer/brand marketing experience gained in an agency or a corporate environment, with an emphasis on media relations and influencer marketing. Understanding of the food and nutrition environment is preferable but not mandatory.
· Strong creative thinking and developing actionable, results-driven programs
· Understanding of and proficiency in research, analytics and insights
· Working across all communications functions including social/digital, corporate communications, brand marketing and issues/crisis
· Highly developed management skills with a proven track record providing leadership to junior staff.
· Detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
· Superior writing skills and proven ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles and presentations.
· A polished presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively clients on a regular basis. This individual also will be adept at building strong relationships with other senior counselors throughout the FH network.
· Demonstrated experience drafting and executing strategic public relations plans on target and within budget.
· Highly developed project management skills with experience overseeing the work of small teams and integrating with multiple agency partners.
· Financial acumen with the experience and ability to manage client budgets.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered