Managing Supervisor - Food & Nutrition, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard’s Chicago office has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor with a strong consumer and brand communications background to join our Food + Nutrition practice. This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on integrated communications programs entailing strategic planning, creative ideation, high-level media relations strategy and execution, influencer marketing, and overall client/account management.
At FH Chicago, we work hard, have fun, do good, and win awards. From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, and manage work streams and teams on program execution, including material development and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with traditional and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Develop and manage integrated communications programs that encompass media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy and mobile marketing.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, and planning documents.
- Generate incremental business opportunities with clients by taking a broad view of the entire communications mix, and offering strategic recommendations to drive innovative and award-winning integrated communications programs.
- Work with senior leadership to manage budgets and key engagements for an established and well-known client base, forecasting revenue and expenses accurately and making decisions to assure accounts run effectively and efficiently.
- The successful candidate must be highly detailed and organized, solutions oriented, results-driven, experienced in working with a cross-agency team, able to build and maintain strong client relationships and provide strategic counsel. In addition, clients should have:
- Minimum of 7-9 years of consumer/brand marketing experience gained in an agency or a corporate environment, with an emphasis on media relations and influencer marketing. Food and nutrition experience, in particular with CPG brands, is preferable but not mandatory.
- Strong creative thinking and planning, with demonstrated experience in executing programs and events against a variety of audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier consumer, food/nutrition, and lifestyle media, with well-developed skills building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success. Candidate should have a polished executive presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively clients on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and executing strategic public relations plans on target and within budget.
- Highly developed project management skills with experience overseeing the work of small teams and integrating with multiple agency partners.
- Highly developed management skills with a proven track record providing leadership to junior staff.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Superior writing skills and proven creativity, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, bylined articles and presentations.
- Financial acumen with the experience and ability to manage client budgets.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered