Managing Supervisor Consumer Technology & Entertainment, Los Angeles
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s Los Angeles office, located in Playa Vista, has an immediate opening for an emerging leader to manage a Technology Practice with emphasis on consumer electronics, specifically entertainment and smart products. This position is an opportunity to lead a team, manage a book of client business, and play a significant role in new business. The ideal candidate will be passionate about client service and will offer a global perspective to existing and new clients. The role includes overseeing annual plan development, global positioning and messaging assignments, and providing counsel based on best in class media relations experience.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage work streams and teams on program implementation.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with traditional. and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Develop, present and manage integrated communications strategies.
- Develop and maintain media and influencer relationships that are critical to client and firm success.
- Generate incremental business opportunities with clients by proactively offering solutions and/or opportunities.
- Play a key role in pursuing new business, including business relationships and collaborating with other FH teams in offices around the world.
- 8 – 10+ years of significant and successful client service, including creating and managing communication campaigns that have significantly impacted client business.
- Agency experience, particularly with lifestyle, technology or entertainment brands. Experience working with large global brands is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business, lifestyle entertainment, and consumer technology media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business.
- Ability to connect insights to communication strategies and effectively reach diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team both locally and across offices.
- Commitment to pristine writing in all forms of communication, from strategic plans to media news releases to executive talking points.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment among energetic, self-starters who like to problem solve and get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaboratively and diplomatically. This includes maintaining composure and quality under pressure.
About FleishmanHillard Los Angeles
FleishmanHillard Los Angeles is a fast-paced, high-performing office built to serve best in class brands looking for high-quality thinking, service and results. The LA team has deep experience in and passion for entertainment, lifestyle, technology and health and wellness work, and is proud to work with blue chip brands in consumer electronics, home and mobile entertainment, real estate, hospitality, retail and healthcare.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard LA will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.