Managing Supervisor Corporate Reputation/Media, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Managing Supervisor to join our San Francisco corporate reputation practice. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned professional to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on high-level media relations, corporate positioning and reputation, executive communications, crisis situations, and issues management for one of FleishmanHillard’s largest clients.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Creative Communications. Clients include AT&T, EA, FitBit, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levis, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Create and maintain relationships with key influential trade and national media and work alongside a team of experience media practitioners to deliver banner media coverage.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and manage integrated corporate communications programs that encompass media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy and mobile marketing.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage work streams and teams on program implementation.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with traditional and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
- 7+ years of experience in corporate communications, with a deep background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, business media relations and executive communications.Agency experience is a must and in-house experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and trade media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such as communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.Candidates who have previously worked as reporters, bloggers or editors, please apply.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and best-in-service commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2017; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.