Managing Supervisor, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting, Managing Supervisor with a passion for implementing integrated Corporate Communications programs. The Managing Supervisor plays a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day logistics for servicing a Fortune 500 account. This role will focus on developing and executing communications programs with an emphasis on corporate messaging, product communications, crisis and reputation management, corporate branding, executive communications and high-level media relations.
- Provide account management and strategic counsel to clients on corporate positioning and messaging, integrated marketing communications, executive communications, internal communications and crisis/issues management.
- Development of strategic plans, messaging, written materials, and executive speeches.
- High-level media relations, building and maintaining strong relationships with reporters, editors and bloggers to build visibility for client news and subject matter experts.
- Manage multiple client contact relationships and deliver according to individual contact needs.
- Project management and oversight of the work of teams including mentoring of junior team members.
- Minimum of eight years of corporate communications experience specifically related to corporate reputation management and media relations strategy. Previous agency experience is preferred.
- Strong writer – must not only excel at all forms of written communications, but actually enjoy the writing process.
- Experience in multiple forms of persuasive writing for corporations including; news releases, executive speeches and talking points, media Q&A and preparation and corporate brand building.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs within budget.
- Strong understanding of business, corporate communications trends and reputation management.
- Solid experience in media relations: pitching, press releases, interview coordination, media briefings, etc.
- High degree of creativity and initiative in the development of proactive media materials.
- Experience with the automotive industry is a plus.
- Results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Additional proficiencies required include excellent interpersonal skills, solid news and issues judgment, PowerPoint and Excel skills and an understanding of how organizations work.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.