Managing Supervisor, Healthcare Communications (Mental Health)
FleishmanHillard New York, Healthcare – Managing Supervisor, Mental Health
FleishmanHillard New York is a bold, ever-changing global integrated communications company that is seeking an enthusiastic and self-starting Managing Account Supervisor to join our dynamic New York Healthcare team. Joining this team will be an opportunity for someone to grow their career, work directly with senior leadership and experience potentially launching a first of its kind treatment in the mental health space.
We’re looking for a Managing Supervisor who will play a crucial role on leading activation of innovative communications initiatives from influencer relationships and HCP education to regulatory announcements and brand awareness. Responsibilities also include supporting the development of future plans that will help deliver on the client’s brand and business goals.
Healthcare PR agency experience, including working with pharmaceutical clients, required. We’d love to hear from you to discuss if you may be the right fit for our collaborative culture that rewards innovation and teamwork!
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams (in this case, to work on a client in the mental health space), including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel. Work on other clients in different disease areas might also be possible based on emerging needs in the healthcare practice.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, influencers, media, etc.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, speaking abstracts, and marketing collateral.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience. Biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare communications experience within an in-house team or communications agency is required.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to demonstrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Ability to translate clinical data and information into lay language.
- Keen understanding of the role of digital and social media in integrated communications strategies.
- Proven understanding of media environment: healthcare trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, spokespersons.
- Ability to develop strategic outreach plans to external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Previous work in engaging patients, advocacy groups or influencers.
- A collaborative team member and team leader, with strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise and train junior-level account staff, provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop and strategically direct the creation of press materials and communications plans.
- Demonstrated strategic media relations planning, with the ability to develop strong media pitch angles, lead pitch teams and pitch story ideas to reporters.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.