Managing Supervisor, Healthcare Communications, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for an entrepreneurial, self-starting Managing Supervisor to join our growing healthcare team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a PR professional with a passion for healthcare-related public relations and communications to work closely with FH senior management and assist global healthcare clients with their external public relations and communications activities. This individual will face a broad array of challenges including reputation management, advocacy relations, media relations, and marketing communications for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the Bay Area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Healthcare clients include FitBit, Kaiser Permanente, Genentech, AbbVie, Bayer, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help manage budgets and forecasts, oversee projects and clients, and contribute to new business proposals and opportunities.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality client deliverables, including plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Drive communications campaigns with healthcare and trade media; develop strong traditional and social media relationships as well as relationships with third-party influencers.
- Provide team member management and development.
- 7+ years of experience in healthcare communications, with a deep background developing and executing public relations and corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and experience working in a healthcare, pharmaceutical company or association is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, working alongside and managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Superior creative writing skills, with experience translating complex science issues into consumer-friendly messages and materials, and the ability to develop and edit high-quality communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Candidate should have strong understanding of the media environment and established media contacts in top-tier and healthcare trades with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to develop relationships with third-party organizations, physicians and caregivers, and to attend external meetings and events representing the agency and client (e.g. medical conferences, third-party events, etc.)
- A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, marketing, business or related field. Candidates who have previously worked as reporters, bloggers or editors, please apply.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and best-in-service commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.