Managing Supervisor, Internal Communications
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity for a Managing Supervisor to join our internal communications team at the firm’s global headquarters in St. Louis, Mo. The Managing Supervisor will be responsible for supporting client accounts focused on a variety of internal issues, with an emphasis on corporate and employee communications. This person will contribute to the overall growth of the internal communications capability by providing excellent account management and client service, building strong relationships, mentoring junior staff, and supporting senior team members.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- The ideal candidate will work with senior members of the team to manage and execute integrated communications programs focused on a variety of internal issues, including change management, employee engagement, HR communications, values-based communications, internal branding, product support mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations.
- The Managing Supervisor will serve as a day-to-day contact for clients, and manage junior team members on program execution.
- In addition to developing and managing budgets and plans and executing day-to-day deliverables, the Managing Supervisor will manage projects and clients and pursue new business by contributing to proposals and opportunities.
- The Managing Supervisor will also manage requests for ongoing writing, editing and design work in support of employee communications, working closely with FH’s writing and creative services groups.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a strong background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, with a thorough command of best practices in internal communications. Additionally, candidates should have:
- 6 to 8 years of corporate communications experience, with an emphasis on employee and internal communications. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience, particularly with large, global brands, is a plus.
- Background developing and implementing a variety of employee and internal communications programs, including change management, employee engagement, internal branding, and mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Proven expertise in managing projects with multiple work streams, applying situational thinking and utilizing team resources effectively to deliver on program objectives. This should include the ability to manage teams of writers, designers, and subject matter experts.
- A strong understanding of corporate digital communications and social media.
- Experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively, both internally and externally.
- Expertise in issues management, including the ability to provide clear counsel and to implement clear messages within an urgent timetable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must.).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and Fleishman–Hillard.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
FleishmanHillard, one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the FleishmanHillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing, and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (314) 982-1700.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.