Managing Supervisor Social, Los Angeles
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications firm, has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor with a passion for “social connectivity” to join our growing Los Angeles office, located in Playa Vista. Our new team member understands social networks and can create programs that target and maximize the reach of brands or specific communications campaigns. The ideal candidate will have experience envisioning, leading and incorporating social strategies into larger integrated programs including: traditional media relations, public relations, websites and other digital activations, advertising, and mobile technologies.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in managing day-to-day social and digital deliverables, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Work directly with clients and inter-office agency teams, fostering and strengthening relationships on a daily basis.
- Develop social and digital strategies for a range of social and online channels.
- Identify cultural and social trends, and translate those to brand-appropriate and relevant client content, stories and messages.
- Draft FH point of view documents regarding timely social platform changes, research new and emerging trends/social platforms, schedule, plan, and participate in internal and external social and digital training and webinars.
- Manage the development and tactical execution of digital paid media programs for clients (SEM, social advertising, online display).
- Analyze paid media program performance and provide detail analysis and updates to account teams and clients.
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience; previous social media experience at an agency is a must and in-house/marketing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise managing and executing social media programs (community management, strategy and content development, blog outreach, paid social executions) across all platforms and communication channels, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business.
- Experience working directly with clients to clearly articulate business objectives and develop measurable goals and KPI’s.
- Ability to connect insights to communication strategies and effectively reach diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team both locally and across offices.
- Excellent writing skills, especially in creating content and managing social channels for brands on a regular basis.
- Possesses passion about social media and speaking on behalf of a brand. The ideal candidate enjoys staying in tune with and identifying cultural trends, with the ability to translate those to brand-appropriate and relevant content when appropriate.
- Experience with social media monitoring tools (Radian6, Sysomos, Sprinklr, etc.).
- Experience with social media management systems/platforms is preferred (i.e., Sprinklr, Spredfast, Percolate, Hootsuite).
- Ability to show personality along with patience and a sense of humor.
- Willingness to step up and be on, when necessary, even after others are off (…since social media doesn’t stop).
- Energetic self-starter who has a sense of responsibility and the ability to work with a team or independently.
About FleishmanHillard Los Angeles/Orange County
FleishmanHillard’s offices in Southern California—Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego—include teams that have deep experience in and passion for sports, entertainment, lifestyle, technology and health and wellness work, which is leveraged every day for blue chip brands including AT&T, Samsung, FedEx, Bumble Bee and Van’s.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.