Managing Supervisor Technology, New York
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Are you like us? Do you have a deep and complex understanding of what it’s like to work at or with top-tier tech blogs? Do you have deep, trusting relationships with the top writers at these outlets? We are looking to bring onboard a new member for our team...one of the most dynamic and exciting teams at the agency.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain day-to-day relationships with technology, mobility, and consumer lifestyle bloggers, industry experts and online influencers, and define and implement new methods for identifying and reaching online influencers.
- Pitch stories that range from specific news to industry leadership pieces.
- Determine/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with media to shape and control messages that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Manage device/product review programs.
- Interface with both internal FH team and external client teams to brainstorm additional asset creation (i.e. videos, infographics, unique graphics, etc.) to supplement pitch materials.
- Daily, on-going monitoring of journalist/blogger/influencer dialogue across social channels to be aware of general industry trends and ability to flag potential hot issues with media team colleagues.
- Handle weekly client reports and other research projects as needed.
- Current, strong relationships with journalists at top-tier tech blogs (The Verge, Engadget, TechCrunch, Ars Technica, Mashable, BGR, etc.) with a proven track record in placing positive stories in those outlets. Experience managing crisis communications on behalf of clients in this space is a plus.
- Deep understanding of what drives technology news and what drives the business of gadgets, new technology, entertainment, etc. – in other words, we need someone high up the geeky scale – the kind of person who always knows what's coming next gadget-wise and wants it.
- Must work collaboratively -- a consummate team player who brings a passionate, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Self-starters thrive on our team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers/online influencers, clients, and colleagues.
- 5-7+ years of experience as a journalist or in a communications agency/corporate communications position.
- Self-motivated with acute attention to detail, a willingness to be proactive, and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Must have a propensity for time management with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in consumer technology/mobility and entertainment/TV.
- Ability to apply logical thinking to problem-solving; providing practical solutions that achieve results.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.