Managing Supervisor - Video Production, Dallas
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Dallas has an immediate opening for a talented video design director. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual with a keen design eye to manage video efforts for a large, global brand, supporting our vision for producing exceptional creative for this client.
Part creative director, part hands-on shooter, our new team member will create, oversee and shepherd creative video projects from the idea stage through the post-production process. We seek someone who will work collaboratively as part of integrated communications teams to ensure the highest-quality work during all phases of production, while meeting budget and deadline parameters along the way. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable behind the camera and familiar with Adobe’s post-production suite of software.
FleishmanHillard Dallas offers a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth and the opportunity have a panoramic view of Dallas (34 floors up, to be exact). We work on projects ranging in size from regional to global in scope for some resume bolstering brands. Our creative, armed with technical excellence and exceptional client service, deliver communications that advance our clients’ brands.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Provide creative direction and oversee production of video projects and assets for a large global brand
- Provide hands-on support in all phases of production including shooting, editing, motion-graphics and sound design for both scripted & documentary-style video projects.
- Translate client objectives into compelling visual narratives via creative treatments and storyboards
- Oversee projects from initial concept to final delivery, including budgeting and staffing
- Collaborate with clients, account managers, and social media strategists to bring creative perspective and recommendations to large-scale integrated campaigns.
- Ensure high-quality production values and client brand identity are consistently maintained across all work
- 7-9 years of experience producing and delivering video in a fast-paced production environment
- Experience leading, managing, coaching and motivating video production teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, video/audio production or related field multimedia
- Ability to advise and counsel creative team members and provide creative direction contributing to strategic, effective, higher level creative work.
- An ability to juggle a wide variety of projects and work with varying production styles with demanding client expectations and deadlines
- Superior client service skills and the ability to function well within a team environment; ability to multi-task and prioritize ruthlessly
- Eye for great design including a strong sense of color, topography, and design composition
- Exceptional technical skills and knowledge of motion graphics including rotoscoping, keying, tracking, and compositing
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, along with a working knowledge of media post-production
- Experience in editing and packaging video content that tells a compelling story
- Familiar with the types of videos that are effective in online and social media channels (blogs, Facebook, etc.)
- A detailed understanding of best social media and web practices, i.e. design optimization, usability & functionality
- Solid understanding of web technologies including browsers, platforms and devices
- The demeanor and maturity to work well with C-level executives at a Fortune 15 technology company
- The ability to tell stories with keen artistic sense and emotional appeal, and also to respond quickly to unexpected demands and turn a story around quickly from start to finish.
- A desire to work hard and play hard
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality work for clients, be a team player and a motivator, and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. A sense of humor is key. Interested candidates should be an outgoing, well-spoken, well-informed person with confidence and common sense. You’ll need a serious interest and awareness of trends, best practices, technology and business applications on the Internet and within FleishmanHillard.
This job description is asking for a lot. If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your resume with video examples, spelling out your role in each case.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.