Managing Supervisor/Vice President Internal Communications and Change Management, Houston
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is looking for a full-time consultant that will partner with the General Manager to help grow the internal communications and change management practice for the firm. The ideal candidate will have both internal communications and change management expertise.
For internal communication, FH Houston is looking for someone who possess excellent writing skills, as a well as comprehensive, strategic view of internal communications that demonstrates an understanding of business problems, as well as implementation strategies, issues and priorities - that advance a client’s business.
On the change management front, this person also will need to understand the people side of change, including changes to business processes, organizational roles and responsibilities and demonstrate flexibility across industries. A “leader” in this position is challenged to develop and maintain new business efforts for the office, as well as the network.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Be a key lead for internal communications, planning, managing and executing the full spectrum of activities associated with global internal communications programs for connecting with various functions of an organization: direct and develop communication strategies and plans in support of business priorities; gain sponsor approval; create key messaging and content; provide writing, editing and execution support; assess effectiveness
- Create an integrated communication and change management plan
- Apply a structured change management methodology and tolls to create a strategy to support adoption of change communications and lead change management activities
- Actively seek new business opportunities and build relationships that lead to business development for internal communications and change management opportunities
- Continuously innovate internal communications strategies, programs and activities
- Provide communications counsel and establish credibility in the role of advisor to leadership and program/initiative teams across all clients
- Manage and develop budget, program/project and resource plans to enable achievement of objectives
- Consult and coach project teams
- Ad hoc requests and tasks as assigned
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 8 - 10+ years related work experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Self-directed with proven ability to generate new business
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles, tools and techniques including business case development, ROI analysis, planning and issues management
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities
- Analytical and problem solving skills; tactics and strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with all audiences
- Demonstrated leadership, change management skills
- Effectively manages internal and external resources
- PROSCI and/or PMP certification a plus
- Master’s in Business Administration a plus
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.