Media Analyst (Part Time), Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be a part-time Media Analyst on the Global Research and Analytics team. This position offers a great opportunity for schedule flexibility. The Media Analyst can work from home from approximately 4-8 am and assist with other projects as needed.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Media Analyst will provide keen analysis of multiple media formats (print, online, television, radio and social media) and summarize key information in easily consumed themes and trends to aid senior management and clients in their day-to-day decision-making. The Media Analyst must thrive on the mechanics and nuances of media research, data gathering, analysis, and interpretation to determine public perception, awareness, and reaction. Those with a natural curiosity in current events on a national and global level and who would consider themselves a "consumer of news" will truly enjoy this opportunity.
The communications industry has a significant opportunity to manage exposure, support differentiation and create change for organizations operating in complex, global markets today. Communications professionals are working more closely with marketing and social teams, customer service, information technology, HR and CEOs than ever before. These teams need to understand the impact of communications efforts and its value to the greater organization. It’s not enough to consider outputs; organizations are evolving to measure communication’s effect on outcomes.
The FH Global Research & Analytics practice is a global team with new leadership and is in the beginning of a very exciting time. In today’s global market, organizations are challenged to be more transparent in their practices, dedicated to societal impact and to produce financial returns for their shareholders. Our award winning work informs the strategy of these organizations; it allows them to adjust their course where necessary and demonstrate progress and opportunities for future planning and success. Our expertise and our passion is collecting and analyzing data helping our clients fuel powerful communications and brand positioning programs to connect and engage with their audiences to achieve desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
- Primary: brand and communications research, online communities, ethnography, traditional and web-based focus groups
- News monitoring and competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
- Analytics and measurement: traditional, social and digital analytics and measurement to demonstrate performance impact
- Use detailed analysis and superb communication skills to prepare briefings, executive summaries, point papers, and related products
- Use our proprietary systems to prioritize and filter domestic and international media content
- Build relationships with executive-level clients to understand their needs and provide concise analysis
- Research and gather additional data for clients to provide a more comprehensive picture of people and events in the news
- Build complex analytic reports based on coverage analysis to identify patterns and trends
- Participate in integrated research and analytics assignments, which include the use of social and traditional media monitoring and analytics results
- Collaborate with internal practice group and industry sector leads to deploy the best research to ensure client success
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field
- Highly developed reading comprehension and analytical skills
- Ability to digest a substantial flow of information and synthesize it into an insightful, executive-level synopsis under tight deadlines
- A personality that thrives on reading news of the day
- Knowledge of MS Office and strong Internet search skills
- Must be able to work alternate shifts as listed above
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think independently as well as working well within a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Results-focused approach and commitment to consistently meeting and exceeding the highest-quality standards of client service
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.