Managing Supervisor/Vice President Health & Wellness, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Chicago office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a mid-level manager (may be a Managing Supervisor or a Vice President, depending on the candidate) to join our growing Health and Wellness team. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join a smart, energetic, and collaborative team brimming with passion for the blue-chip clients we serve across pharma, hospital systems, devices, organizations and nutrition. Ours is a fast-paced environment with a variety of work streams, such as high-level media relations, influencer marketing, brand building, issues and crisis management, and creative program development, so will be the perfect fit for a self-starter with a “Let’s get it done!” attitude and approach.
- Leading account teams and managing client relationships.
- Strategic and creative program planning, development and execution.
- Media relations with a focus on national consumer, health and science outlets and integration of PR plans into a larger marketing mix.
- Developing and managing budgets. as well as team workloads, to ensure client satisfaction and account profitability.
- Mentoring junior team members and nurturing and growing client relationships.
- Involvement in new business development.
The successful candidate must be a results-oriented team player with a great track record of successfully managing client-agency relationships, leading account teams, developing and executing integrated communications programs, and providing strategic counsel. In addition, he or she will have strong media relations chops, preferably in the healthcare, public health and/or science space. Strong writing ability and interpersonal communication skills are also must-haves for this role.
Additionally, candidates should have:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of healthcare, pharma, public health or hospital experience gained in an agency (preferable) or a corporate environment, with an emphasis on media relations and marketing.
- Strong creative thinking and planning, with demonstrated experience in executing programs and events that gain high level media interest.
- Solid experience in building and maintaining media relationships.
- Highly developed management skills with a proven track record providing leadership and mentorship/coaching to junior staff.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Superior writing skills and proven creativity, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles and presentations.
- A polished executive presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively clients on a regular basis. This individual also will be adept at building strong relationships with other colleagues throughout the FH network.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and executing strategic public relations plans on target and within budget.
- Highly developed project management skills with experience overseeing the work of small teams and integrating with multiple agency partners.
- Financial acumen with the experience and ability to manage client budgets.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.