Paid Social Media Specialist, Washington DC
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Paid Social Media Specialist to provide paid social media strategy and support for multiple client accounts. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician and capable of envisioning, leading or implementing paid social media campaigns, the position will contribute to B2C, B2B, public affairs, and advocacy programs.
- Candidates should have 4-6 years of integrated marketing and/or digital communications experience in an agency or corporate setting, including 3-4 years of hands-on paid social media program execution.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing strategic paid social campaigns across social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) and content marketing platforms (e.g. Sharethrough, Outbrain, etc.) that are aligned to achieving business and social media objectives.
- Experience providing best practices, latest trends and recommendations across the paid social ecosystem including content and creative units, building target audiences, structuring and managing campaigns, optimizing campaign performance and communicating campaign performance and ROAS (Return on Ad Spend).
- Candidates should be able to provide examples of campaign planning processes including channel selection, ideal creative formats, flighting and budget weighting.
- Experience building and managing relationships with ad sales reps and managers across the social ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills; must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting social-related data from standard software packages and client databases.
- Background providing evaluative volumetric and content analysis of social data working with social media monitoring and analytics tools such as: Synthesio, Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Tracx, Social Radar, Sprinklr, Spredfast, and the like.
- Experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Omniture, and WebTrends.
- Experience with implementing tracking and conversion pixels from all major social ad platforms.
- Skilled user of tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power Pivot, Quantivo, Google Sheets.
- Understand client’s business requirements, and design reporting and analysis approaches tailored to measuring primary objectives and key business outcomes.
- Ability to quickly pattern spot and surface actionable insights; separate signal from noise.
- Experience distilling complex and high volumes of data into simple KPIs and data visualizations / dashboards / scorecards.
- Experience writing clear and concise presentations for client summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way for clients.
- Ability to contribute to increasing level of innovation in data, analytics and paid social media programs.
Additionally, candidates must possess:
- High Ethical Standards: Community facilitators are stewards of a company’s social media policy and service as a “voice” of the brand. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the personal integrity and professionalism worthy of such responsibility.
- Refined Communication Skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating large organizations in a positive, diplomatic way. Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer and mentor, the successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-tasking: The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
- Ability Work Collaboratively in a Team Setting: Must be a consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Ideal candidate should possess excellent relationship skills; be a good listener; respect the expertise of others; and have ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.