Public Affairs Account Executive (VOX), Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
This position will be part of a VOX team supporting Fortune 500 companies, trade associations and nonprofit organizations in developing and executing reputation and issue advocacy campaigns. Tasks include helping managing campaign elements and tactical execution such as media relations, stakeholder outreach and creating employee and external communications and messaging materials.
A successful candidate will have strong writing skills and project management skills, an attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be a willing team player focused on excellence.
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Maintain project trackers, budget trackers and activity reports for client
- Outreach to media and influencers on behalf of clients to place stories
- Executing and tracking social media campaigns
- Developing high-quality content including briefing documents, backgrounders, event summaries, social content, policy briefs, blog posts, talking points. op-eds, one pagers, and other written materials
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- 2-5 years of experience working in public affairs, public relations and/or electoral politics.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under constant changes and deadline pressure
- Experience with local, regional and national media pitching and placement
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must.)
- Ability to quickly develop expertise in new and different issue areas as client needs change and evolve
- Ability to recommend, initiate work and projects with minimal direction
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients
- Experience interfacing directly with clients using appropriate verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Headquartered in Washington, D.C. and with offices around the country, VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com.
VOX Global is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.