Public Affairs, Mid-Level (VOX), Washington, D.C.
VOX Global is a public affairs and strategic communications firm. With decades of experience navigating the intersection of business, politics, media and advocacy, our professional team works in concert with our clients to develop influential communications programs impacting public policy and the global marketplace. We help our clients shape the future.
This position will be part of a VOX team supporting Fortune 500 companies in developing and executing reputation campaigns and working on communications and advocacy campaigns. Tasks include supporting development of reputation campaigns, media relations, social media content and messaging materials. A successful candidate will have excellent client management skills, strong writing skills, an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be a willing team player focused on excellence.
- 6-10 years of experience working on public affairs/public relations campaigns – Agency experience and education sector experience preferred
- Strong media relations experience a must
- Ability to execute and lead multi-faceted communications campaigns for corporate clients including development of social media campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop and edit high quality written materials, including speeches/talking points, bios, briefing papers, press releases, communications plans, op-eds and media materials for various media formats print, online and broadcast
- Ability to recommend, initiate work and projects with minimal direction
- Experience interfacing directly with clients using appropriate verbal and written communications skills
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under constant changes and deadline pressure
- Attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, political science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in education policy and issues a plus
Based in Washington, D.C., VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com.
VOX Global is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.