Public Affairs Mid-Level(VOX), Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
This position will be part of a VOX team supporting Fortune 500 companies, trade associations and nonprofit organizations in developing and executing reputation and issue advocacy campaigns. The role will include managing campaign elements directly with clients including executive visibility and thought leadership, with a focus on event strategy and execution. Additional responsibilities include stakeholder outreach, social and traditional media outreach, and creating messaging materials.
A successful candidate will have excellent writing and project management skills, a sharp attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be a willing team player focused on excellence.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- 4-6 years of experience working in public affairs, public relations and/or a communications role within electoral politics
- Experience interfacing directly with clients in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing event strategy and execution
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under constant changes and deadline pressure
- Attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to develop and edit high quality written materials, including speeches/talking points, briefing papers, bylines, analytical pieces and press and educational materials for various media formats print, online and broadcast
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect
- An ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter
- Versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience
- Ability to recommend, initiate work and projects with minimal direction
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients
- Ability to quickly develop expertise in new and different issue areas as client needs change and evolve
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About VOX Global
VOX Global is a strategic communications firm that combines decades of experience with the private sector, government, political and nonprofit organizations to create customized programs that raise awareness, influence public opinion and move people to action.
Our strategic approach combines our deep understanding of public perception, influence, stakeholder engagement, media and research to help achieve our clients’ goals. For each project, we build a specialized team that will effectively tell our clients’ stories to the audiences they care about most.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, VOX’s 60+ professionals work in Sacramento, Dallas, Raleigh, Indianapolis, Boston and Nashville. VOX also boasts a national, bipartisan network of more than 400 political and public affairs professionals. Visit us at http://voxglobal.com/
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.