Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard in Brussels is Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancy. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and policy issues of substantial commercial and societal significance. Our approach hinges on close partnership, offering deep expertise and applying insight as well as creativity to our clients’ issues.
The Receptionist provides a warm, welcoming and professional environment for all visitors, operates the switchboard in an efficient and courteous manner and is the central communication point.
Timing: from 9h30 to 18h - with 1h lunch break from 13:00 – 14:00.
Responsible for the daily running of the reception and meeting area including the following non exhaustive task list:
- Ensure a professional follow-up of all incoming calls and clear internal follow-up of calls received; including transferring calls and following-up by email in case of absence
- Update telephone list on monthly basis
- Welcoming visitors
- Responsible for a tidy reception area
- Booking and preparation of meeting rooms (incl. IT equipment) and liaise with Team Coordinators on events
- Preparation of the roundtables(incl. welcome packs and badges, contacting Cleaning Service)
- Managing parking access
- Order food for meetings
- Order taxis when requested and keep track of taxi vouchers
- Mail (outgoing and distribution of incoming)
Liaise with Office Coordinator on:
- Manage / order stock office supplies incl. creation of Purchase Orders (also upon demand of the Admin team)
- Manage postal activities (franking, registered letters…)
- Adhoc administrative tasks to support admin team
Expected skills and competencies
- A warm and friendly personality with excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the English language is essential with a good knowledge of Dutch or French
- An enthusiastic team player with a flexible, service-friendly and can-do attitude
- Good computer skills: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Our philosophy hinges on supportive teamwork and we look for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high-calibre and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is what distinguishes us in our market.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please send your CV (Europass CVs are not accepted) AND motivation letter through our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.